Has our list of anti-gay quotes left you drooling, stomach growling with a low moan, signifying your growing hunger for more stupidity? Rejoice! We have for you an all-you-can-eat buffet of slack-jawed skull-fuckery, led by some of our nation’s most vocal, professionally dishonest politicians, writers, and personalities. These “people” not only set the bar for corruption, but are true masters in the art of word murder.
And we should know. We’re Verbicide.
Is global warming an elaborate myth created by an ultra-left wing conspiracy, which has spread misinformation, faked melting icecaps, fabricated rising ocean levels, made up Hurricane Sandy, Hurricane Katrina, and a host of other severe weather swings, and paid off a vast majority of the impartial scientific community to lie, all in a grand scheme to…sell more board shorts and mittens? If you ask some of the people below, they might say yes, and that is as sad as it is frightening.
Ready to meet the enemies of science? Read below for the best of the worst.
“Al Gore’s not going to be rounding up Jews and exterminating them. It is the same tactic, however. The goal is different. The goal is globalization… and you must silence all dissenting voices. That’s what Hitler did. That’s what Al Gore, the U.N., and everybody on the global warming bandwagon [are doing].”
– Glenn Beck, comparing former Vice President Al Gore’s fight against global warming to Adolf Hitler’s use of eugenics as justification for exterminating six million European Jews, on his syndicated radio show, April 30, 2007.
“It is deeply pejorative to call someone a ‘climate change denier.’ This is because it is a phrase designedly reminiscent of the idea of ‘Holocaust Denial.'”
– Richard D. North, author of The Right-wing Guide to Nearly Everything, making an unequal comparison and suggesting a conspiracy against the more sensitive constituents of his community, June 30, 2005.
“When it’s hot, we get shade.”
– Rep. “Smokey Joe” Barton (R-TX), in a hearing on adapting to climate change, March 25, 2009.
“These global warming studies [are] a bunch of snake oil science.”
– Governor Sarah Palin, at a logging conference in Redding, California, February 8, 2010.
“[Nancy Pelosi] is committed to her global warming fanaticism to the point where she has said she’s just trying to save the planet. We all know that someone did that over 2,000 years ago, they saved the planet — we didn’t need Nancy Pelosi to do that.”
– Senator Michele Bachmann, telling OneNewsNow that the US doesn’t need environmental advocates because Jesus already has got that covered, August 2008.
“[Al] Gore wants us to clean up our factories…when China and other countries couldn’t care less. China, Japan, and India are laughing at America’s stupidity.”
– Donald Trump, ranting to a crowd at the Trump National Golf Club in Westchester, New York, February 2010.
“According to the University of Illinois’ Arctic Climate Research Center, global sea ice levels now equal those of 1979.”
– George F. Will, columnist of The Washington Post, supporting his claims that glacial retreat caused by global warming is a myth, February 15, 2009. The “University of Illinois’ Arctic Climate Research Center” does not exist, and the scientists at the university who conduct Arctic research reprimanded both Will and the Post for publishing non-factual claims.